We are always on the lookout for talented and creative individuals who have a passion for engineering and technology and who love to learn and teach. We have a great team spirit and an environment of support, collaboration and shared mission. Come work with us.
After-School Technology Teacher (part-time)
Empow Studios – Lexington, MA
This is an exciting opportunity for a youth leader who is passionate about STE(A)M education. The Teacher will be a critical part of Empow Studios team, helping to shape our growing selection of engineering and technology programs that seek to empower children in grades PK-8 to use today’s potent technology tools to build their future and contribute to the world around them. The teacher will be responsible for leading classes both at the Empow Studios Lexington location, and at outreach partner locations. 2 positions available.
Teacher will be responsible for the following:
- Drive to partner sites within the greater Boston area
- Set up and run the classes, and pack up afterwards
- Maintain assigned equipment
- Manage the children’s learning, expectations, and behavior
- Ensure that children complete projects according to curriculum
- Maintain accurate class records
At least 1 year experience with school-age children in an educational or recreational setting
Technical fluency in at least one of the following areas: science, engineering, computer science, 3d printing & modeling, animation, video game development, video production, broadcasting, or architecture. Reliable car and ability to lift a 40-pound cart are required.
- Monday through Friday — 2:30-6:30pm
- Optional weekends and Summer full-time work.
This part-time position does not offer vacation or health benefits.