Empow Studios is committed to making STEM learning accessible to all. We offer engaging, memorable opportunities to learn and apply powerful technology and engineering skills across a wide range of ages and backgrounds.
Programs for Children
Is your organization a forward-looking employer with a strategic focus on technology? Employee benefits that combine care and enrichment for children are prized by working parents, and bringing STEM learning into such a program is a win-win! Our programs are designed for children age 7 to 14 and span a variety of topics and formats.
School Vacation Programs are week-long sessions that run during the summer and school vacation weeks in February and April.
- Tech & Design: For digital explorers interested in Video Game Design, Robotics, Animation, Coding, Music Production, and more; we’ll teach the nuts & bolts behind these subjects and help campers bring their projects to life. Find out more here.
- Minecraft: Kids of all skill levels can use our custom Minecraft worlds to learn concepts in electrical engineering, computer science, and 3D modeling; it’s the perfect environment for designing, building, and coding. Find out more here.
- Coding: A unique experience for any kid curious about coding or for those looking to flex their coding muscles through Python, Java, App Design, or Game Design; demos and coding challenges allow for group problem-solving and creativity. Find out more here.
- Girls STEM Together: A “Girls Only” STEM experience where campers can explore technology as a powerful creative tool; girls bring a powerfully enervating balance to an industry traditionally dominated by males. Find out more here.
- We can also design custom programs that focus on specific technologies.
NanoCamps are one-day programs for those few unique holidays when school is out, but your workplace is still open for business. We’ve created a one-day program just for that. Our talented staff work with NanoCampers to help them create a complete project from start to finish in one day– a video game, an animation short film, or an interactive robot!
Have you seen this case study about a 10x acceleration of time-to-market with the revolutionary Bell FCX-001 helicopter design? That was done with 2015 technology– can you imagine the possibilities with today’s technology?!
If you’re looking for a way to help your teams understand what they can do with augmented and virtual reality, drones, and IoT, we can help through introductory and intermediate classes that provide opportunities to understand new use cases and applications, talk to experts in the field, and try the equipment.
- On-Site: We can bring the class or workshop to your location, subject to some equipment limitations.
- Our Lab: Conveniently located in the Newton/Needham area and close to Mass Pike, Rt. 95, Rt. 9, and public transport, our Studio can host classes, workshops, and team events.
Our Corporate Learning is Powered by Empow Labs
For Massachusetts-based technology companies active in community outreach, we also offer ways to promote STEM education to underserved groups through our work with non-profit organizations. Please reach out to us if your organization can sponsor scholarships, field trips, or STEM events.
On-Site Program Logistics
To run a program on-site, we require a large conference room with standard tables and chairs, reliable wifi, projection screen, and power outlets– and not much more! We bring all the necessary equipment and turn the room into an innovation space bustling with learning and invention.