Updated on: 5/13/2022
Empow Studios follows the latest guidance from the CDC, state agencies, and local town government in determining our COVID-19 policies. We are responsive to local conditions and reserve the right to update our policies without notice so that we can maximize our ability to keep your children and our staff safe.
Please review the following procedures and help us stay safe and compliant by following them closely. All policies will be enforced strictly. Please support our efforts by preparing your child to follow our procedures.
Masking for our customers is optional, though strongly recommended while indoors.
- Anyone who chooses to wear a mask or is required to wear a mask must wear their mask properly at all times while indoors.
- Anyone who chooses to wear a mask or is required to wear a mask must maintain 6 feet of distance when their mask is off while indoors.
- Anyone who chooses to wear a mask or is required to wear a mask must wear a mask that is more than a single layer of cloth (e.g., multiple layers, a surgical mask, or a KN95/N95 mask).
- Your child will still be required to wear a mask if they:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days, regardless of symptoms or vaccination status.
- Have been exposed to COVID-19 within the past 10 days, regardless of symptoms or vaccination status.
- Have any active symptoms of COVID-19, regardless of testing or vaccination status.
- Your child will still be required to remain home if they:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 5 days. You are strongly encouraged to keep them home for 10 days.
- Have been exposed to COVID-19 within the past 5 days, if unvaccinated.
Additionally, to support the safety of our customers and staff all staff are required to be fully up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. All staff will also be required to mask while indoors in order to maximize the safety of our customers and staff and to support customers who choose or are required to mask.
We will continue to sanitize high-touch surfaces.
Attendees are no longer required to complete a screening form before attending camp. However, you are required to be familiar with the latest COVID symptoms and keep your child at home or send them to camp with a mask, if required.
Students who show potential COVID symptoms will be required to mask. A call will be made home to assess whether further action is required.
Things to pack
Please be sure to pack a comfortable face mask for your child. If your child should develop symptoms during the day and be required to mask it would be best for them to be able to wear a mask of your choosing. If they do not have a mask, a mask will be provided by our staff.
If possible, we recommend packing a personal-size tube of sanitizing gel.
You will receive an email with detailed instructions on the drop-off procedure the week before the program. Please read it carefully and follow the instructions. If allowed inside, all visitors are encouraged to mask.
During the Program
While in our program, staff will visually monitor children throughout the day for symptoms of any kind. Any potential symptoms will result in your child being required to mask. Our staff will, additionally, contact you in order to determine appropriate next steps.
Moderate symptoms, regardless of relation to COVID-19, will result in a child being isolated and parents being notified. Depending on the specific symptoms and severity, parents may be required to pick their child up and remove them from camp.
Severe symptoms, regardless of relation to COVID-19, will result in a call to emergency services. Parents will be notified immediately and informed of next steps recommended by emergency services.
If you would like to learn more about state regulations relevant for our program, you can find the documents here: