Fall 2022 After School STEM Classes
Supported by a dedicated team of educators, every student learns to BUILD amazing things.
WINNER OF THE MOST STEM PROGRAM AWARDS IN MASSACHUSETTS
Empow offers award-winning, on-campus STEM classes in coding, Minecraft, film & animation, 3D design & engineering, robotics and more for kids 7-15, afternoons and weekends, in Newton, Lexington and Online.
FALL 2022 CLASSES
Our Fall 2022 Semester runs from September 6 – December 2
- Classes meet for 90 minutes per week
- 8:1 student instructor ratio for all on campus classes
- Our Project-Based-Learning (PBL) model encourages students to progress through our lessons at their own pace
Please note that classes may include students from Grades 2-4 and Grades 5-8
BUILD IS MORE THAN JUST A CLASS
- Class options that include beginner to advanced levels in a range of STEM topics
- A customized sequence of classes to meet your learning goals; easy switches between classes
- Dedicated Academic Advisor providing regular updates and evolving learning plans
Whether students are learning to code, designing their own chess piece, or creating a movie they can upload to YouTube, they love sharing their new tech and STEM skills and projects with family and friends.
- Students are proud of their accomplishments as they develop critical twenty-first century tech skills
- Parents love to hear all about what their student is learning – and building – throughout the school year
- Students thrive in a community that embraces their unique talents
GREAT TEACHERS ARE JUST THE BEGINNING
Our team of local educators help set your student on a path to success.
- A dedicated Academic Advisor partners with your family to ensure the best fit of classes and instructors
- Come see what students are creating and learning during our mid-semester Showcase
- Previews of learning goals, Progress Reports, links to your child’s Projects, and Parent Conference opportunities
- Easy switches between classes as your child progresses
- Individual attention in our small class sizes
BUILD HOLIDAYS (NO CLASSES)
- September 5 – Labor Day
- September 26 – Rosh Hashanah
- October 5 – Yom Kippur
- October 10 – Indigenous People’s Day
- November 11 – Veteran’s Day
- November 24-26 – Thanksgiving Break
- December 24-31 – Christmas
- January 2 – New Year’s Day Holiday
- January 16 – Martin Luther King Day
- February 18-25 – February Vacation
- April 7-8 – Easter Holiday
- April 15-22 – Spring Vacation
- May 29 – Memorial Day
Our BUILD program runs throughout the school year:
Fall 2022 Classes: 9/6/22 – 12/2/22
Winter 2022-2023 Classes: 12/5/22 – 3/11/23
Spring 2023 Classes: 3/13/23 – 6/10/23
My daughter comes to Empow once a week after school. She loves it so much! There are so many choices of tech things to do. She's had so much fun and the instructors are friendly, knowledgeable and fun. It is always hard to ask her to leave when I pick her up, because she wants to stay to the last minute. I will definitely register her next year.
My son has been to Empow's Brookline camp both in Feb and April school breaks. Love it. The teachers are very knowledgeable, teach well and very good with kids. We will go back!
We loved Empow! My kids could not get enough! Each morning, they woke up on their own and nagged us to leave earlier! My boys have different interests, and I am really pleased that both were so engaged.
Our son's experience was an unparalleled success. The skill and engagement of the instructors was evident in the caliber of work produced by each and every camper. And, the camp's commitment in guiding every child in the pursuit of his or her individual creative path is priceless.
Learning game design and robotics at Empow really encouraged my creativity, and taught me that creativity and science could be done together. It opened up paths and college and my career that I didn't know existed. Thanks!
Looking back, Empow was a big part of why I choose to major in engineering.
I was really impressed with the instructors and how they were able to bring out so much from the kids. My son had a wonderful experience and is already asking about participating again next year!
WOULD PRIVATE AFTER-SCHOOL STEM LESSONS BE A BETTER OPTION?
Available in all of the same topics and offering all of the benefits of BUILD membership plus
- Choose the time and location to meet your family’s busy scheduling needs
- Available in-person or online
- Even higher levels of individualized attention
- Wider range of advanced topics are available
A TEAM THAT COMBINES THE VERY BEST IN FUN, CREATIVITY, AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
MORE AWARDS THAN ANY OTHER STEM CAMP
OR AFTER-SCHOOL PROVIDER IN MASSACHUSETTS
#1 Winner, 6 Years Running!
Best STEM Summer Camp
#1 in 2021, #1 in 2020, #1 in 2019
Best Academic Summer Camp
Top 10 in 2021, Top 10 in 2020, #1 in 2019, #1 in 2018, Top 5 in 2016, Top 5 in 2015
Best School Vacation Camp
#1 in 2021, #1 in 2020, #1 in 2019, #1 in 2018, #1 in 2017
Best Science Technology & Digital Arts Summer Camps
Top 10 in 2021, #1 in 2018, #1 in 2017
Best Kids Party
#1 in 2021, Top 10 in 2020, #1 in 2019, #1 in 2018
Best Enrichment and After School Program
Top 10 in 2021
Top Five, 7 Years in a Row!
Best Winter Camp
Top 5 in 2020, #1 in 2019, Top 5 in 2017
Best Among All Types of Enrichment & After-School Programs
Top 10 in 2020, Top 5 in 2019, #1 in 2018, #1 in 2017
Best Science & Technology Programs
Top 10 in 2020, Top 5 in 2019, Top 5 in 2018, Top 5 in 2017, Top 5 in 2016, Top 5 in 2015
Best Among All Types of Teen Focused Summer Camps
Top 5 in 2019
Best Educational Support & Tutoring
Top 5 in 2014