Coding with Python 201
Take your Python coding experience to the next level!
Come create your own more complicated applications and games with graphics and multiple players. Campers expand their coding capabilities and begin working more like professional programmers as they learn to leverage Python’s many general code libraries such as Flask and Keras, explore and take advantage of the game-oriented PyGame library, and organize projects with multiple files using PyCharm. Whether your child chooses to channel their new skills into making games or analyzing data from the web, you will be astounded at what they can do!
This camp is great for kids who
- Have completed Python 101
- Are very experienced in Python and want to try advanced topics with Empow
- Think they might take AP Computer Science one day
Come Have Fun and Learn To
- Create games and applications with graphics and multiple players
- Write code using Object-Oriented Programming – an industry standard
- Read and write to external files
- Work in an Integrated Development Environment like a professional
- Use Python’s unique dynamic class feature
The Best STEM Camp for Your Child
- Voted a #1 Best STEM Program eight years running by thousands of local parents like you, and trusted by more than 100 education partners including elite private schools and large diverse public schools to run STEM programs for their students
- More convenient, safe, kid-appropriate locations Make new friends with kids who share your child’s passion for STEM and live near you
- Fun learning that builds lifelong passion
- Year-round, local, STEM programs in MA
- Flexible refunds and changes to adapt to your evolving schedule
- Exceptional Empow-trained staff are passionate about STEM and adept at building mentor relationships
- Personalized learning in each small class
Related Camps to Consider
Uncompromising Quality Without Extravagant Prices
We all want the best for our kids. Empow’s year-round programs, partnerships with more than 100 educational institutions, and a tight focus on elementary and middle schoolers, allow us to provide you with the highest quality STEM summer camp without the extravagant prices charges by many summer-only STEM camps.
- Year-round instructional staff offer exceptional quality without costly high turnover typical at summer-only STEM camps
- More than 100 education partners in New England mean we earn our exceptional local reputation without exorbitant national marketing (and we pass those saving on to you)
- Private schools and our own year-round studios offer more convenient, safer, and more kid-friendly camp locations (that cost us and you less)
- Local owners on a mission to provide exceptional quality STEM education
“We found EMPOW to be the best learning and fun for our little one, at agreeable prices for the value they provide” —Tara, Lexington Summer Camp Parent, 2022
Answers to Common Questions about this Camp
My child has learned a lot of Python already. Which is better for them Python 101 or 201?
If your child has learned Python at Empow, they will know which badge levels they have earned. In Python 101, students cover 4-6 levels in our Python curriculum. Students that are working on level 5 or 6 will feel comfortable taking either Python 101 or Python 201, while more advanced students should enroll in Python 201.
If your child has learned Python elsewhere you can ask them about what they have learned already. If they are confident in their skills using loops, if statements, functions, and have begun to explore more advanced data structures like arrays then they are ready for Python 201 but could be equally comfortable in Python 101. If they have learned Object-Oriented Programming and tackled more complicated challenges such as file I/O, then Python 201 is likely a better fit.
If you have questions, our academic advisors are here to help. Speak to one now.
How does this camp fit into my child’s education and development?
By the time your child has finished all of our Python curriculum they will have covered most of the material found on the AP Computer Science exam. They will be able to breeze through college level material, especially if they continue to practice their programming skills until they are old enough to take those courses. Python 201 covers advanced material, but we still follow the same project-based pedagogy and bring the same focus on fun, experimentation, and creativity found in all of our camps.
What camp will this prepare my child to take next?
- Experiment with Lua another text-based language with Roblox Coding & Game Design. Experienced Python programmers are able to do more and push the boundaries of what is possible with Lua.
- Learn to debug like a pro with Minecraft Modding with Java. Explore how two professional programming languages can be very similar and still quite different at the same time.
What is an Empow STEM camp day like?
Most days have four periods focused intently on student learning and project creation. Whether they’re coding, designing video games, or sculpting in virtual 3D clay, we believe creativity is essential and is built into the DNA of our program design. We foster collaboration because it’s an essential learning skill and because it increases STEM learning and because making friends with kids with shared STEM interests builds lifelong learning and because it is an awesome part of camp! Outside activities, lunch and breaks provide the balanced no-screen time campers need to thrive and come home composed for the evening. At week’s end, our rock star campers show off their ambitious projects to family and friends.
What are the camp’s hours‚ early drop-off options‚ and other available options?
- Regular day: Empow STEM camps run from 9am-4pm.
- Free early drop-off: Available starting at 8:45am.
- Earlier drop-off with Semi-Private lessons: If you need earlier drop-off or if your child would benefit from even more individual attention, sign up for semi-private lessons at $35/day, available Tuesday-Friday. Availability is limited so act soon. Book as an option during checkout.
- Pre-Camp Jump Start with Two 60-Minute Private Lessons: Get your child ready to get the most out of their camp experience! Whether your child will feel more comfortable starting camp after some individual attention, or wants to get a jump start on learning, our amazing instructors are here to help. Lessons are available online or on campus for select locations. Scheduling is flexible through mid-June with highly limited availability thereafter. Get your summer started early! $119, 40% off our regular private lessons rate! Book as an option during checkout.
How is Empow STEM camp different from other similar programs?
Empow’s STEM camps are uniquely able to meet the needs of children and young teens and their families.
- Better Instructors for Children & Young Teens. Our instructors are exceptional at working with this age cohort, nurturing their budding passion for STEM, providing compelling tech-savvy role models, developing the social and emotional skills essential for kids and STEM-learning, and making camp fun! Like some programs, many of our instructors are recruited from top colleges, pass rigorous background checks, and are trained extensively. Unlike many programs, because we offer year-round STEM programs, many of our instructors work with us year-round, making them exceptionally capable.
- Exclusively focused on the unique needs of Children & Young Teens. Elementary and middle school students should not be stressing about preparing for college applications or padding their resumes; camps with that focus are clearly designed for older students. Neither should they just be playing video games all day, as many so-called STEM camps have kids do. Rather, Empow camps meet age-appropriate learning and developmental goals: Exposure to STEM in a fun and supportive environment; Foundations for lifelong STEM learning which begin with making campers excited to keep learning more; Self-esteem and self-confidence from by overcoming obstacles, completing ambitious projects, and presenting them to family and peers; Friendships with like-minded local students that embrace their interests and personality; Social and emotional development which has been proven to advance STEM learning at this age in particular; Opportunity to accelerate into high-school level curriculum once they find STEM topics that ignite their passion; and Fun because great things happen when kids love to learn.
- More Convenient, Safer, More Kid-Friendly Locations. Empow offers more camps, in more locations, to make life easier for busy parents. Whether at elite private schools like Milton and Winsor, or at our own year-round studios, our camps run on safe, kid-oriented campuses.
- Year-round Local Programs. If your child finds their passion with STEM, Empow is there as your partner to continue the learning. Unlike STEM camps that are here only a few weeks each summer, we offer programs year-round with local in-person Afterschool Classes, Private Lessons, and camps during school vacation and holidays.
- Lower prices. The best does not have to cost the most. Empow has won more awards for excellence, and is trusted by more local education partners, and still saves you 30% or more compared to some of the big national, summer-only STEM camps.
Rave Reviews From Parents Like You …
We Are Delighted to Announce That Empow Studios Has Been Chosen as a Family Favorite for the Seventh Consecutive Year!
Favorite STEM Summer Camps
Favorite Academic Summer Camps
Favorite School Vacation Camps
Favorite Computer Science and Coding Classes
Favorite Science & Technology Programs
Favorite Tutoring or Educational Support Programs
Favorite Family Summer Camps
Favorite Kids Party
Find a Convenient Date & Location
Filter by Grade*
Filter by Location
- Newton Upper Falls
Filter by Date
- June 26 - 30
- July 03 - 07
- July 10 - 14
- July 17 - 21
- July 24 - 28
- July 31 - August 04
- August 07 - 11
- August 14 - 18
- August 21 - 25
- August 28 - Sept 01
Location & Camp
Coding with Python 201
Newton Upper Falls
Coding with Python 201
... Or need more time to make a decision?
Risk-Free Enrollment. Empow offers free schedule changes until 14 days before camp begins and easy refunds up until 30 days before camp begins so there’s little risk in enrolling today.* But sometimes you just want more time to decide. Sign up for emails with special promotions and more info about what makes Empow the most trusted STEM program provider in Massachusetts.
*Unlimited no-cost changes up to 14 days before your camp begins. Full refunds up to 30 days before camp begins less $10 processing fee. Additional terms and conditions apply.
When offered in Massachusetts, per Massachusetts state law, “This camp must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local Board of Health. Parents may request copies of background check, health care and discipline policies as well as procedures for filing grievances.” (105 CMR 430.00, 430.190 C, D)